Unquestionably talented figure skater Matty Marcus is willing to sacrifice everything for his Olympic dream, but his lack of discipline cost him the gold once before. Now the pressure’s on. He needs a coach who can keep him in line, but top coaches don’t come cheap, and Matty can’t afford to stay in the game no matter how badly he wants to win.
When a lucrative house-sitting gig brings him to rural Montana, Matty does his best to maintain his training regimen. Local residents turn out to be surprisingly tolerant of his flamboyant style, especially handsome young rancher Rob Lovely, who proves to be much more than a cowboy stereotype. Just as Matty requires a firm hand to perform his best on the ice, Rob shows him how strong he can be when he relinquishes control in the bedroom. With new-found self-assurance, he drives himself harder to go straight to the top.
But competition has a timetable, and to achieve his Olympic dream, Matty will have to join his new coach in New York City, leaving Rob behind. Now he must face the ultimate test. Has he truly learned how to win—on and off the ice—during his training season?
I had to sleep on this review. There were so many aspects of this book that I really loved and some that I disliked.
4 very strong believe in yourself stars
This story is about believing in yourself, following your dreams, Path A or path B, believing in others, family, values, and above all else love.
Love of a mother, a father, a child, family, strength, virtues, weaknesses, striving for your goals, choosing your own path, dedication, discipline, teaching, being taught.
Matty- Well there is so much I want to say about Matty! I loved him and I despised him. I did. Alot of the times I just yelled at my E reader “MAN THE F UP” I know cruel right. But his diva ways grated on my nerves. I totally loved that he could be himself and said “fuck everyone”. I feel everyone in this whole entire world should always look at life that way. You either like me or you don’t. I have enough insight to myself to not care either way. I loved this about him!
Matty’s relationship with his mother! I loved it! Loved Donna! Sometimes I wanted to strangle her, but in the end she was the mother everyone hopes to have. Strong, solid and steady as a rock. As a mother myself I only want my children to pursue their hopes and dreams and strive way more than I ever could. Loved his rela with his whole entire family but him and his mama- LOVED IT
Rob Lovely~ You really were just…. LOVELY… in your own domineering, sweet as shit way. Your rela with your baby mom, your son, your employees. The way you treated the animals, Matty. It was all just lovely!!! Your speech to Matty, your love, your faith. your strength. It was all so SOLID. Even your weaknesses.
- Ben- I loved this kid! He was actually AMAZING.
- Anja- She was a wicked best friend, mother and all around what I saw of her I truly liked. Strong, hardcore.
- Elliot- Yes I loved this bitch!
- Ben and Matty- this relationship hurt my heart. I loved every little bit of it
- Matty and Rob- The bareback scene… my Lord… DO NOT READ THIS AT WORK
- The corn maze
- the ending, I loved the ending! The prologue, the dinner, the conversation at said dinner, priceless!
- The meaning behind your dreams, go for the gold, you have 1 life, LIVE IT, however you want to, be proud of you.
- The many months apart
- The fact that I cried rivers and that sad goodbye
- Where was the goodbye?? I needed the rip your heart out, make me die goodbye, I felt robbed.
- The last scene with the horse whips… I just hurt, I didn’t care for it.
- Matty being a DIVA. I know it was him, I know but some times I just couldn’t take it
- Did I mention Julien?
- Julien and Matty, that scene… was like a watching a crow eat dead carcass on lone stretch of highway