Summary: He’s ready for his close up, but she’s the one calling the shots.On the night of her graduation from film school, straight-laced Maddie Bauers fell completely out of character for an oh-my-god make-out session with a perfect stranger. Complete with the big O.Seven years later, that romantic interlude is still fresh in her mind. That stranger is now a rich and famous actor. And she’s one very distracted camera assistant working on his latest production. She might consider another tryst…if he even remembers her.Micah Preston does indeed remember Maddie. Too bad he’s sworn off Hollywood relationships. He allows himself as much sex as he likes—and oh, he does like—but anything more is asking for trouble. For the woman, not for him. Yet knowing Maddie could want more than a movie-set fling doesn’t stop him from pursuing her like a moth drawn to hot stage lights.But as the shoot nears its end, it’s decision time. Is it time to call, “Cut!” on their affair, or is there enough material for a sequel?
Warning: Contains a dreamy movie star hero, a focus-pulling heroine, off-the-charts instant chemistry, steamy sex in near-public locations, and a new use for lip gloss.
4.5 SWEET STARS!
I have to start this by saying how much I enjoyed the heroine in this book, she was sweet and strong! This book had it all, it was a fast steamy and fun read, had angst though not too much of it and this remained a lighthearted romance throughout- Add to all of that great writing by the talented Laurelin Paige. I loved that it didn’t drag and there were no unnecessary drama just to fill pages.
What I loved about this book:
- Maddie! As I said before I love me a strong heroine that doesn’t spend most of the book wallowing in self-pity and plagued with doubt. While Maddie did have her doubts, they were extremely warranted.
- The sexual chemistry between Micah and Maddie and how their relationship developed. I always enjoy a book couple whose relationship I feel emotionally invested in.
- Micah’s bodyguard Fudge/Chris, loved him as he was one of the funniest and sweetest characters.
What I disliked
- Micah’s stubbornness and his refusal to acknowledge his true feelings For Maddie! Was very angry with him a few times, however when he finally acknowledged his feelings, I fell in love with him as well!
- Beaumant, he was an ass, wanted Maddie’s success to be rubbed in his face.
- Lack of epilogue, would loved to have seen how Micah and Maddie deal with his fame and the success she achieves as a film maker.
I totally recommend this book, it’s something I believe many would enjoy!
USA Today Bestselling Author Laurelin Paige is a sucker for a good romance and gets giddy anytime there’s kissing, much to the embarrassment of her three daughters. Her husband doesn’t seem to complain, however. When she isn’t reading or writing sexy stories, she’s probably singing, watching Mad Men and the Walking Dead, or dreaming of Adam Levine. She is represented by the wonderful Bob Diforio of D4EO Literary Agency.
Set of FIXED Trilogy in ebook form!